Inverted Confocal Microscope
All research staff of Academia Sinica
Service contents: (Some service is charged, please refer to the “Price List”)
I.Administrator operated service
The instrument is operated by the administrator, user provides details of the specific imaging required.The administrator is responsible for instrument security.
II.User self-operated service
Users must be fully trained and pass an operator exam before they can operate the instrument. An account will be set up for trained people, who may then reserve the instrument for use on line.The user is responsible for instrument security.
III. Training course & Examination
- Basic course
- The free periodical “Confocal microscope basic operation” course will be held every season in early March, June, September and December.Users must attend this course and pass the exam to get an on-line account for instrument bookings.
- People who miss the periodical course can contact administrator to register for an extra basic course with charge.
- Advanced courses
There are several charged advanced courses, please see the "Course List".Users must pass the basic operation exam before registering for any advanced course.Users must pass an advanced level exam before being permitted to use advanced functions.
Before applying for an exam, users can do practice exercises under the guidance of an instructor, who shall be either a qualified user or the administrator (with charge).The instructor shall be responsible for instrument security during practice sessions.
Users must finish all questions within the allowed time.A list of the names of successful candidates will be made available on our web-site.
- Self-operation: 9:00-18:00, Monday to Friday
- Administrator operation, training, exercise, examination:
Office hours, 9:00-12:00 & 13:00-18:00, Monday to Friday.
- During office hours, the maximum allowed reservation time of each lab. is 9 hrs a week.
- If the duration of a time-lapse experiment is over 9 hours, it can only be started on the weekend or after 15:00 on weekdays.
- If instrument bookings are overloaded, the administrator will adjust bookings at her discretion, as needed.